Our version of the corndog comes in mini muffin form, perfect for picnicking and grabbing on the go. Simple and easy to make, these mini muffins are a convenient, handy way to snack. Starting with a boxed corn muffin mix, we fold in eggs, milk, and corn fresh off the cob. Topped with a hot dog coin, these muffins have sweet, salty, and smoky in every delightful bite.
Dip in ketchup, smear with mustard, or add your favorite BBQ sauce on the side. We love how easy it is to pop these little muffins in your mouth, and guarantee they’ll disappear in minutes. Do your party a favor and bake up a batch (or two)!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Casserole it. Double the recipe and spread batter in a baking dish, dot with hot dog pieces, and enjoy as a casserole.
- Go Breakfast. Swap out the hot dogs for breakfast sausage. Prepare as directed and serve for breakfast.
- Add heat. Mix 1-2 Tablespoons chopped jalapeno into the corn muffin mix for some serious spice.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like the Good Cook 24 Count AirPerfect Mini Muffin Pan, the Good Cook Profreshionals Corn Stripper, and the Good Cook Professional Cook Mixing Spoons? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Mini Muffin Corndog Bites
- Prep Time: 0 hours 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 hours 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Cuisine: Snack
- 2 (8.5 oz) boxes corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cob corn
- 4 hot dogs, each cut into 6 pieces
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a GoodCook 24-count AirPerfect Mini Muffin Pan with nonstick baking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix together muffin mix, eggs and milk. With a GoodCook Corn Stripper, remove the kernels of corn from the cob, stir into the muffin mix.
Spoon batter into muffin tin. Press a hot dog into the center. Bake 13-16 minutes, or until the center is set and edges of muffins turn a light golden brown. Remove and cool before serving.
To serve: dip in ketchup, mustard or BBQ sauce, if desired.