Mini Double Chocolate Loaves with Chocolate Glaze are delicious mini loaves that will satisfy any chocolate lover’s sweet tooth. A doubly decadent treat, these Mini Double Chocolate Loaves with Chocolate Glaze are perfect for snacktime, dessert, or even breakfast. Made mini so you’ll savor every chocolaty bite.
These Mini Double Chocolate Loaves with Chocolate Glaze are everything an amazing chocolate treat should be – dense, buttery, moist, and brimming with chocolate. A moist and tender chocolate cake is studded with chocolate morsels and drizzled with a rich chocolate glaze. This chocolaty treat works just as well for gifting as it does an after-school treat.
Easily whip up these little one-bowl loaves with some pantry staples and a GoodCook 12 Cup Mini Loaf Pan. You’ll also need a GoodCook Touch 5 QT Mixing Bowl and a GoodCook Spatula. Are you ready to bake up this simple and delicious chocolate treat?
FUN FLAVOR TWISTS
Enjoy the recipe as written, or try one of these delicious variations:
- Top with Peanut Butter: In place of the chocolate glaze, drizzle your favorite nut butter over the top of the mini loaves.
- Mix in White Chocolate Chip: Swap regular chocolate morsels for the white chocolate chips variety. The classic black and white combo make a stunner display at the dessert table.
- Peppermint Bark Bread: Perfect for holiday gifting! Top with a drizzle of melted white chocolate and crushed peppermint candies.
Bake & Share
Happy Baking! If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
Mini Double Chocolate Loaves with Chocolate Glaze
A doubly decadent treat, these Mini Double Chocolate Loaves with Chocolate Glaze are perfect for snacktime, dessert, or even breakfast.
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1.5 ounces (approximately 1/4 cup) chocolate baking morsels, finely chopped*
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon dutched cocoa powder (may also use double-dutched)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12 tin mini loaf pan with nonstick spray.
In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer on medium speed, cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add baking cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Blend until incorporated. Mixture will seem a little lumpy, like coarse sand, but it will smooth out as you add rest of ingredients.
Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated, making sure to scrape sides to incorporate all batter. Add flour and milk, alternating little by little to incorporate, and ending with the last of the flour. With a spatula, fold in the chocolate baking morsels.
Fill prepared tins ⅔ full. Cook for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 5-10 minutes in pan, and then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
For the glaze, mix together powdered sugar and cocoa powder and stir until blended. Add milk (starting with the lesser amount) and vanilla extract and stir until incorporated. If desired, thin icing with additional milk until you reach the desired consistency. Pour glaze over cooled loaves.
*Note: Chocolate baking morsels/chips work better than regular chocolate in this recipe because they have special additives that help them to resolidify after the bread cools. If using regular chocolate, it will simply just melt into the batter, so it is not recommended in this case. If using normal size, chopping works best to help them distribute more evenly. You may also use mini chips.