Bringing a whole new twist to Steak and Potatoes (quite literally!), these Loaded Mashed Potato Stuffed Grilled Steak Spirals are the recipe you’ve always wanted in your life. For this recipe, we’ve teamed up with Challenge Butter to create a killer grill recipe that’s so good, you’ll want to make it every weekend. Part of the Real Summer Real Flavor celebration, this dish is a must-try for any backyard BBQ.
Thin cut steak, filled with bacon and cheese loaded mashed potatoes, this tasty recipe is your main dish and side dish–all wrapped up in one. Surprisingly easy to make, you can whip up a whole plate of these steak spirals in minutes. Before your next outdoor party, try prepping these skewers rounds the night before. When it comes time to eat, all you have to do is toss everything on the grill and enjoy.
Fun Flavor Twists
The buttery mashed potatoes here are the real star. We went totally traditional with the tasty recipe below. But you can also upgrade the ingredients, adding all sorts of delicious twists to the dish. A few favorites:
- Bleu Cheese & Bacon. Swap out the parm for bleu cheese and place two strips of cooked bacon on top of your mashed potatoes before rolling into spirals. Garnish with parsley, instead of green onions.
- Cheddar Melt. Swap out the parm for shredded sharp cheddar. Then, just before removing your spirals from the grill, top with more cheddar and let it melt before removing from the grill.
- Butter Herb & Garlic. Add serious flavor to your dish by stirring in whatever fresh herbs you have available. Fresh chopped dill, basil and parsley, plus fresh chopped garlic and/or shallots bring out the creamy goodness of the buttery mashed potatoes, and taste incredible in this dish.
Get the Tools
Grill like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like BBQ Tongs, Wooden Skewers or a Grill Brush? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:Print
Loaded Mashed Potato Stuffed Steak Spirals
Steak and potatoes, swirled together into one perfect grilled dish!
- Yield: 4
- 1 1/2 cups boiled potatoes, mashed
- 1/4 cup Challenge Butter, softened
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 thin-cut steaks, pounded to 1/2″ thick
- 1/4 cup Challenge Butter, melted
In a large bowl, mash together potatoes, 1/4 cup butter, cheese, bacon bits and 1/4 cup green onions. Salt and pepper to taste. Spread potato mixture on top of each steak, evenly spreading the layer to 1/2″ thick. Roll steak into spirals, slice in half with a sharp knife, skewer each half with a wooden skewer. Grill steaks over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes on each side, basting with melted butter as steaks cook. Garnish with green onions.