Jumpstart your morning with a satisfying and delicious lumberjack breakfast. Baked egg cups, bacon sweet potato hash, and roasted veggies come together for a nutrition-packed breakfast. Stay fueled for hours with this meal prep lumberjack breakfast.
It’s easy to make cold cereal the default for your morning meal, but a warm and nutritious breakfast will keep you going for hours. That’s where meal prep breakfasts like this lumberjack breakfast come in—it’s the perfect way to transform your hectic mornings.
This tasty breakfast is packed with protein and healthy veggies for a low-carb, energizing way to start your day. Prep this lumberjack breakfast on Sunday and enjoy a filling breakfast all week long. This lumberjack meal prep makes a delicious lunch option too.
A GoodCook 3 compartment Round Meal Prep Container is the perfect size to store the lumberjack breakfast meal prep. The roasted veggies fit in the 2 cup section, the eggs nestle perfectly in the 1 cup section and the sweet potato hash fills up the other 1 cup section.
The Best Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat the oven. This recipe calls for a 400°F oven.
- Cut the vegetables into similar sizes to ensure even cooking.
- Use a non-stick metal sheet pan, like the GoodCook 11×17” Baking Sheet.
- For easy clean-up, line the sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Don’t overcrowd the veggies, or you’ll end up steaming them.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cooking time for the veggies varies for this recipe. The potato mixture roasts for 20 minutes before adding the other veggies.
Bulk Baking The Eggs
- You’ll need a good quality non-stick muffin pan, like this GoodCook 12 Cup Nonstick Muffin Pan—it’s the easiest way to bulk cook your eggs!
- Spray each cup of the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Crack your eggs directly into each cup of the muffin tin. You can also crack one at a time into a glass measuring cup with a spout and pour into each cup.
- Drizzle each egg with ½ Tablespoon heavy cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a cookie sheet under the muffin tin to catch drips.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the whites are firm.
The GoodCook line of cookware and bakeware helps you get your morning off to a great start. Are you ready to get prepping?
Prep & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
- 1 medium purple onion, diced
- 2 strips uncooked bacon, diced (optional)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 4 small new potatoes, diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 cups sliced yellow squash
- 2 cups diced red peppers
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 6 eggs
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- (garnish with fresh chopped chives, if desired)
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, 1/2 purple onion, bacon, sweet potatoes, potatoes and garlic together with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Salt and pepper lightly. Pour onto one quarter of a large nonstick baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss zucchini, yellow squash, red peppers and mushrooms together with 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Salt and pepper lightly. Spread onto 1/2 of the baking sheet, return to oven and bake 10 minutes.
Crack 6 eggs into a nonstick muffin tin. Drizzle each with 1/2 Tbsp heavy cream. Place on cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until whites are firm.
For meal prep: pack the zucchini mixture in the 2 cup section, 2 eggs in one 1-cup, add the sweet potato hash to the final 1-cup section.