Satisfy your pizza cravings with a delicious, low-carb Zucchini Boat Pizza. Halved zucchini is stuffed with your favorite pizza sauce, heaped with shredded mozzarella, topped with mini pepperoni and baked until bubbly and golden. These gluten-free Zucchini Boat Pizzas are perfect as a quick and healthy weeknight dinner.
With an added serving of veggies, these baked zucchini boats have everything you love about pizza without the extra carbs from the crust. As far as recipes go, this one’s a winner—simple ingredients, quick prep, and minimal cleanup. It’s also low-carb, gluten-free and keto-friendly. The whole family will love this healthy twist on pizza!
Ingredients you’ll need for this recipe
With four simple ingredients, you’ll have a healthy, delicious low-carb meal on the table in just 30 minutes.
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- mini pepperoni
How to make zucchini boat pizzas
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise with a GoodCook Touch 7” Santoku Knife.
- Gently scoop out the seeds. The boats should be sturdy enough to hold all the toppings, so take care not to scoop out too much of the zucchini.
- Arrange the zucchini scooped-side-up on a baking sheet. We use a GoodCook 13”x9” Nonstick Baking Sheet lined with Sweet Creations White Parchment Paper. We love this no mess, no fuss method for baking!
- Fill each zucchini boat with pizza sauce, followed by shredded mozzarella and mini pepperoni.
- Bake the zucchini boats until tender, about 18-22 minutes. The cheese should be hot and melty, and the zucchini tender but not mushy. Baking time will vary depending on size of the zucchini.
- Garnish with fresh basil if desired, and enjoy!
Get the Tools
GoodCook has all the kitchen essentials your family needs for healthy eating. Get started with the GoodCook Touch 7” Santoku Knife. It’s high carbon steel blade is sharp, sturdy and perfect for all your slicing and dicing. From baking to roasting, the GoodCook 13”x9” Nonstick Baking Sheet cooks evenly and keeps food from sticking. And we always keep a roll of Sweet Creations Everyday Parchment Paper around for cooking and baking. It’s a durable, high-quality, non-stick baking paper that’s safe for oven use up to 450°F. Are you ready to get your pizza fix the healthy way?
Make & Share
Happy Pizza Boat Making! If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
Low-Carb Zucchini Pizza Boats
- 6 small zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
With a spoon, remove the center seeds from each sliced zucchini, fill with pizza sauce. Top with mozzarella and pepperoni. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown lightly.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.