Spice up your menu with this flavorful and aromatic Kofta Kebab Meal Prep. Packed with fresh herbs and spices, Kofta kebabs are perfect as a tasty lunch or weeknight dinner. Kofta Kebab Meal Prep brings exotic flavors and balanced nutrition to your lunch.
Kofta kebabs are common on Middle Eastern and Mediterranean restaurant menus. Our recipe brings deliciously aromatic kebab flavors to your kitchen with this simple and easy to make meal prep. The tastiest, freshest herbs and spices are combined with ground beef to form flavorful patties that cook on GoodCook Wooden Skewers. Finished on the grill, these delicious kabobs are served with creamy tzatziki sauce and protein-rich hummus. A simple, healthy and fragrant meal!
Get the Tools
These nutritious and tasty skewers fit perfectly in a GoodCook 2 compartment Rectangular Meal Prep Container. Tuck in flavorful kebabs along with roasted tomatoes, peppers, and bulgar for a healthy, well-rounded lunch. Get started with the GoodCook Touch Mixing Bowl. We love it for prepping kebabs, meatballs, and more. It’s easy to clean and has a non-slip base for ease of use. Thread your meat on GoodCook Wooden Skewers, then refrigerate on a GoodCook 17×11” Cookie Sheet before grilling. Get your dipping sauces ready and let’s get grilling!
Batch Cooking With Ground Beef
- Buy an extra pound of ground beef and make baked meatballs for another meal while you’re prepping.
- To make meatballs, combine 1 pound ground beef, 1 egg, and 1/3 cup gluten-free Italian seasoned breadcrumbs. Form meatballs on a greased GoodCook 17×11” Cookie Sheet. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, turning halfway through to brown bottoms and tops evenly.
- To freeze extra Kofta kebabs or meatballs, cook and cool. Place on a baking sheet and freeze. Once frozen, place in a labelled resealable freezer bag for up to 4 months.
- Thaw in fridge overnight before reheating.
Make & Share
Happy Meal Prepping! If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
Kofta Kebab Meal Prep
These kofta kebabs are made with ground beef and seasoned with an assortment of spices.
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil, or vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef chuck (80% lean meat, 20% fat)*
If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes.
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, pulse together onion, garlic, salt, pepper, cilantro, mint, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, paprika, and oil. Scrape down bowl as needed to ensure thorough mixing. Add about 2 tablespoons of ground beef. Process until spice mixture resembles thick paste.
Transfer spice mixture to a large bowl with remaining ground beef. Use your hands combine ingredients together.
Divide spice-meat mixture into 8 equal portions. Shape each portion into an oblong. Gently flatten with your palm and mold around wooden skewer. Finish by lightly pressing it flat. Arrange on baking tray. Repeat with remaining portions. Let chill in the fridge for 20 minutes or 10 minutes in the freezer while you preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
Lightly brush oil over grill grates. Alternatively, use cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cook kofta kebabs for 4-5 minutes on each side, until browned.
Serve warm with pita bread (or flatbread), hummus, and/or tzatziki sauce (optional)
NOTE: Ground lamb or a mixture of ground lamb and ground beef can be used.
This recipe goes great with these recommended sides to complete your meal:
- 1 cup of roasted tomatoes, peppers, and bulgar (or jasmine rice)