From my Homemade Pie Crust, which is an absolute must, to my rich pumpkin filling, I will teach you How to Make Pumpkin Pie in a way that will have you craving it all year round!
For the Pie Crust:
1. Roll out the chilled pastry to roughly an 11 inch round. Line a 9 Inch GoodCook Pie Pan with the rolled pastry. Trim and flute edges. If using decorative cookie cutters cut shapes out of the excess pastry. Place the prepared crust in the fridge while you make the filling.
For Pumpkin Pie Filling;
1. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, egg, milk, sugar, maple syrup, pie spice and salt and whisk until smooth.
Assemble the Pie:
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (210°C).
2. Pour filling into crust. If using decorative shapes around the crust,
layer them around the edged of the filled pie.
3. Brush the finished crust with egg wash.
4. Bake at 425°F (210°C) for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F (180°C)
and bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and top of pie is set (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent over browning if necessary).
5. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight or until set. Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Find Gemma's homemade pie crust HERE.