A classic winter flavor–baked into a cookie! These Hot Cocoa Cookies are a delicious, warm and chewy treat perfect to enjoy after a day of snowy fun. Topped with marshmallows and chocolate ganache, these cookies are destined to become a seasonal favoriteMade with hot chocolate mix, these cookies deliver an authentic flavor in a fun form. Kids also love adding the mini marshmallows on top of each cookie to their liking. Although these cookies are equally delicious after they’ve cooled, when paired with glasses of cold milk our family often devours a whole batch of fresh from the oven.
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Mint Cocoa. Use chopped mint chocolates (like Andes) instead of chocolate chips for a Mint Cocoa cookie.
- Malted Milk Cocoa. Add 2 Tbsp malted milk powder to the cookie dough. Tastes like a Santa-inspired milkshake cookie!
- Candy Cane Cocoa Cookies. As soon as cookies come out of the oven, sprinkle with crushed candy cane for a holiday version.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like baking pans, a cookie spatula or nonstick parchment? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Hot Cocoa Cookies
All the flavor of your favorite winter drink baked into a cookie. For the ultimate treat, enjoy warm with a glass of cold milk.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 cups Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp dark chocolate, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together butter, sugar, and eggs until combined. Add flour, hot cocoa mix, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Roll approximately 2 tablespoons of dough into balls. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, then about 1 minute before the cookies are ready to remove from the oven, open and press 3-5 mini marshmallows into the top of each cookie. Allow to bake for 1 minute more. Remove and cool slightly before transferring to a wire baking dish. In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and cream together until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with grated chocolate. Serve and enjoy!