Crunchy chocolate shell, creamy ice cream center — my Homemade Drumstick Ice Cream recipe has all the things you love about the classic!
Caramel Ice Cream:
1. Using a hand or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cold cream on medium/high speed until soft peaks form.
2. Pour in the condensed milk and whip on high until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks form.
3. Lastly, drizzle in the caramel sauce and swirl it throughout. Place in the fridge until needed.
1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the chopped chocolate and the coconut oil. Microwave in 20-second increments until just melted, about 1 minute. Take care not to overheat the chocolate.
To build your cones:
1. Add about 1 spoonful to the chocolate mixture into the Frozen Treat Pop mold . Swirl the mold around to coat the silicone with an even layer of the chocolate, this will become the outside of the frozen treats.
2. Gently place the mold into the stand and place in the freezer to set for 5 minutes. This will prevent the chocolate and ice cream from mixing together and make for a clean outer chocolate shell.
3. After 5 minutes, remove the mold from the freezer and fill it just to the top with the caramel ice cream.
4. Place the bottom cone on top making sure they are meeting fully and secure.
5. Place the mold in the freezer for a minimum of 5 hours but preferably overnight.
6. When ready to serve, gently peel back the top of the mold, taking care not to break the chocolate shell. Repeat this step with the remaining cones.
7. Drizzle over additional chocolate and chopped peanuts. Allow the chocolate and nuts to set then serve and enjoy!
8. Cover the leftover cones in cling wrap. Store the cones in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.