This month, we’ve been sharing some of our best holiday hacks. After you check out this one, don’t miss our 2-Ingredient Holiday Morning Pancake Muffins,2-Ingredient Twinkle Light Candies, Festive Holiday Cheese Platter-In-An-Instant and 4-Ingredient Holiday Thumbprint Cookies. Ho, Ho, Ho! Happy Hacking!
Making a wintery wonderland cake is super easy with this Dark Chocolate Trees piping technique. You simply melt dark chocolate and then pipe it onto a sheet of Good Cook parchment paper, freeze for a bit then decorate your cake! Perfect for any holiday party at home or the office. You can also pipe the chocolate into stars, little menorahs or ornaments. The ideas for this simple decor trick are truly endless.
Watch this video and learn how to make these super stylish trees!
So magical isn’t it!? Happy holidays!
- one 12 oz bag of dark chocolate chips
- microwavable dish with a lid
- box cake mix
- store bought icing
- Step 1: Using a box cake mix, bake a cake and frost it. I used two round cake pans and only one can of store bought icing since I was going for the "naked" frosted look. This means it's okay to leave some of the cake exposed when you ice it.
- Step 2: Empty the contents of a bag of Dark Chocolate chips into a microwavable container with a lid. Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stopping and stirring halfway. If your microwave is super powerful, I would recommend heating in 3o minute increments.
- Step 3: Once the chocolate chips are fully melted and the mixture is creamy, scoop into an icing bag with a tip and allow to cool a bit. You want the chocolate thick but not so thick that it's hard to squeeze.
- Step 4: Lay out a sheet of wax paper and using the icing bag filled with the chocolate draw the shape of trees onto the wax paper. Make sure to draw sturdy trunks! You will attach the trees by the trunks to the cake.
- Step 5: Transfer the wax paper with the piped-on tree designs to the freezer. We laid our wax paper on a cookie sheet so the transfer would be easier. Let the trees sit in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Step 6: Remove the trees from the freezer and then dab a little of the melted chocolate on the trunk of each tree. This will serve as an adhesive to stick the trees to the cake. Stick trees all along the edge of the cake until you have covered the edge with a forest of trees!