With summer on the schedule, it’s time to start pulling out favorite grilled foods. And while chicken and brats are often the first ideas that come to mind, we’ve got one more to add to your menu this year– grilled watermelon!
Crisp, cool slices of watermelon, tossed on hot grill tines caramelize, creating a simple and stunning side dish. Topped with a schmear of yogurt and fresh mint, this combo is a fresh take on a classic summertime staple. Delicious when paired with a white, sparkling wine, perfect for serving on the back porch or patio, surrounded with favorite friends.
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Make it A Dip. Grill watermelon and serve on a big platter with a bowl of yogurt for dipping. No utensils needed!
- Make it a Salad. Nix the yogurt and top your watermelon with fresh grilled corn, nectarines, arugula and a drizzle of white balsamic vinegar and olive oil for a quick, fresh salad.
- Make it A Dessert. Forgo the yogurt, and top your melon with vanilla gelato or lemon sorbet for a deliciously sweet twist.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like a colorful knife set for summer and festive set of serving bowls? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more quick and tasty ideas for summer? Don’t miss these amazing eats:Print
Grilled Watermelon With Yogurt Sauce
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 6 seedless watermelon triangles
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 limes, zested and freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes or coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
Preheat an outdoor grill to the highest setting. Brush both sides of watermelon with coconut oil. Place on grill and sear both sides just until the grill marks caramelize and turn golden brown. Remove from grill and place on a serving platter. In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, honey, and lime juice. Whisk until smooth. Spoon over the top of each watermelon slice. Sprinkle with salt. Garnish with fresh mint. Enjoy!