Light and summery, this watermelon grilled fruit pizza is a stunning way to serve dessert. Buttery, flaky pie crust is grilled til golden, topped with sweetened cream cheese, and finished with a party-ready fresh fruit design. Perfect for easy summer entertaining, this after-dinner treat is just what your next barbecue needs. Fresh flavors and a touch of sweetness make this a dessert everyone will love!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Pizza Dough. Use pre-made pizza dough for a less sweet crust. Place dough directly on grill and cook for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Chocolate Lovers. Swap out the cream cheese mixture for 1 cup of chocolate chips. Sprinkle evenly over the cooked crust, cover grill, and cook for 2 minutes or until melted.
- Sweet and Savory. Swap out the pie crust for store-bought naan, layer with sliced brie cheese and grill until melty. Top with your choice of berries, basil chiffonades, and a drizzle of honey and balsamic.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like the Good Cook Non Stick Grill Topper, the Good Cook Touch Spatula Spreader, and the Good Cook Non Stick Paring Knife? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Grilled Watermelon Fruit Pizza
Fruit pizza, made on the grill. This one’s a summertime favorite!
- 1 round pie crust
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 12 Tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced strawberries (hulled)
- 1 cup finely diced kiwi (peeled)
Unroll pie crust. Slice into 4 quarters. Dip each piece in a melted butter, sprinkle on both sides with sugar. Place 2 pieces on a Good Cook grill topper. Grill* over low, until golden brown. Allow to cool before gently transferring to a serving plate with a metal spatula. Repeat with last 2 pieces.
In a stand mixer or large bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and just enough milk to form a soft icing. Spread gently atop grilled wedges.