Summer is fading fast. Which is why we’ve decided to up our menu this month. All sorts of easy recipes which make the most of the season’s best flavors. Whether you’re growing your own garden and enjoying a variety of home-grown produce, or hitting the local farmer’s market on Saturday’s, this delicious recipe will have you enjoy an easy-prep appetizer (or no-bake light summer dinner) full of Greek-inspired flavors. Zesty balsamic, tangy tomatoes, salty feta, crunchy cucumbers, fresh basil and mint. This recipe isn’t just a keeper. It’s a maker-againer over and over again. One of our favorites!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Breezy Caprese. Swap out the feta for mozzarella balls, layer with fresh basil leaves for an easy caprese.
- Antipasto Perfection. Hit the olive bar at your grocery-store and grab any favorite items. Skewer and enjoy. No chopping or prep time required when you use ready-to-go antipasto items like peppadew peppers, olives and grape leaf rolls.
- Mix and Match. Use whatever ingredients you have in the fridge! These skewers taste great with any veggie combo!
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with skewer making essentials? You can find everything you need–from knives to wooden skewers–in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Greek Summer Salad Skewers
- Wooden Skewers
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cucumber diced into 1-inch slices
- 1 - 8 oz block of feta cheese, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, medium diced
- 1/2 cup kalamala olives
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil torn/chopped finely
- Salt & pepper
Assemble the skewer layering tomato, olive, feta cube, cucumber, and onion until filled. Transfer to a serving platter. Repeat with remaining skewers.
Right before serving, drizzle the skewers with the vinaigrette. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.