Light, refreshing, and a welcome change from the heavy comfort foods of winter, this delicious Grapefruit Salad is simple to toss together. Healthy, bright, and perfect as a side dish for any meal or make it dinner by topping with grilled chicken or shrimp.
To easily peel your grapefruit for this salad, simply slice the rind from a grapefruit, then use a small, sharp knife to cut individual wedges from the fruit.
About the recipe, step by step details and/or
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Orange It Yummy. Swap in oranges for grapefruits for a tasty citrus twist.
- Make it Easy. If you don’t have time to slice and peel the grapefruit, opt for ready-to-go grapefruit wedges, available in the refrigerated produce section of most grocery stores.
- Change Up the Cheese. This salad tastes delicious with any zesty soft cheese. Bleu cheese, feta or gorgonzola are all nice flavor matches.
Get the Tools
Salad like a pro. Stock your kitchen with healthy cooking essentials like serving-sized Good Cook OvenFresh 4 oz ramekins or our bestselling Good Cook Touch Salad Spinner. You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
This light and refreshing salad makes a great side to any dish. Or top with grilled chicken or shrimp to make it a meal.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- • 1/2 cup pecans
- • 2 tablespoons sugar
- • juice of 1/2 lemon
- • 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- • 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- • pinch chili powder
- • 6 cups arugula
- • 2 pink grapefruit, peeled and wedged
- • 1 avocado, sliced thin
- • 1 tablespoon chopped purple onion
- • 3 tablespoons olive oil
- • 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- • salt to taste
- • 1/4 cup feta Cheese
In a small saucepan, heat the pecans, sugar, lemon juice, garlic salt, onion powder, and chili powder over medium-high heat until the sugar begins to boil. Stir constantly until the sugar thickens and clings to the pecans. Turn out onto a piece of parchment and allow to cool completely. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add toasted pecans and toss to combine. Enjoy immediately.
- Serving Size: 4