Crackly, crunchy, and chewy — my Ginger Crinkle Cookies give meaning to 'tis the season, and are perfect for all your sweet holiday needs!
1. In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
2. Add in the room temperature butter and rub in until you've reached the texture of coarse breadcrumbs. You can do this by hand or with a dough cutter.
3. Next add in the milk and the molasses. Mix until you form a dough.
4. Refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 2 hours. Chilling the dough before baking stops your cookies from spreading.
5. When ready to bake preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) then line 2 GoodCook 15 x10 inch cookie sheets with parchment paper.
6. Remove the cookie dough from the fridge. Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon measure, spoon a leveled ball of dough.
7. Roll each ball in powdered sugar, making sure they are generously and evenly coated.
8. Arrange the cookies about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
9. Bake the cookies for 14 minutes exactly. You want to bake these just right so they are still chewy in the center.
10. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to fully cool.
11. Once cooled cover and store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.