Spend an afternoon making ready-to-go breakfasts that you can enjoy for an entire week! This fun idea makes clever use of frozen waffles, turning them into Monte Cristo-inspired breakfast sandwiches that can be frozen for later. Whenever you’re on the run, just pull the sandwiches from the freezer and warm in the microwave. You’ll have a sweet-and-savory breakfast sandwich that is a delicious for kids as it is for adults.
Keep in mind with this recipe, reheating in the microwave oven makes the waffles soft. If you prefer crispy waffles or are feeding a crowd, simply unwrap the sandwiches and toss them onto a Good Cook AirPerfect 13 x 9″ Nonstick Quarter-Sheet Cake Pan. You’ll have crisp and delicious waffles on the outside, filled with melty cheese and layers of ham on the inside.
- Try This! If you’re reheating your waffles in the oven, you’ve probably got time to garnish your breakfast plate with a sprinkling of powdered sugar. Serve sandwiches alongside a small bowl of warmed jalapeno jelly for dipping & you’ve got a breakfast sandwich that makes a deliciously quick lunch, too!
Get More Recipes Like This, Delivered Straight to Inbox!
Every month, we deliver exclusive all-new recipes to our newsletter subscribers. Enter your email in the box at the top right of your screen and we’ll send them straight to you, too!
Frozen Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 6
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half or milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 frozen waffles, toasted
- 18 slices deli ham
- 2 cups shredded white or sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 6 tablespoons pepper jelly or jalapeño jelly, optional
Lightly spray 6 Good Cook 4-ounce ramekins [LINK: http://www.amazon.com/Good-Cook-Ceramic-Ounce-Ramekins/dp/B0026RHI8W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438276369&sr=8-1&keywords=Good+Cook+ramekins ] with nonstick baking spray. Place eggs in a blender; add half-and-half. Cover and blend until smooth. Add chives and salt; blend just until mixed. Pour egg mixture into ramekins. Microwave on High in 1-minute increments until eggs are cooked (about 4-6 minutes total). Cool slightly. Gently remove eggs from ramekins, placing on top of 6 toasted waffles. Top each with 2 slices of ham, 1/3 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon jelly. Top with a second waffle. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in a resealable freezer plastic bag; seal bag. Freeze. To serve: Unwrap 1 frozen sandwich. Place on a microwavable plate. Microwave on High for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Or bake at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes.