Frosted Texas Banana Muffins are a quick and delicious bakery-style treat. Moist banana muffins are topped with a rich chocolate buttercream frosting. Perfect for breakfast or snacktime, these Frosted Texas Banana Muffins are a sweet way to satisfy.
Inspired by everything Texas, these jumbo Frosted Texas Banana Muffins are loaded with intense banana flavor and freckled with mini chocolate chips. And for even more yum, chocolaty buttercream sits atop each delicious muffin. Make a double batch and freeze the unfrosted extras to enjoy when cravings arise.
How to Make Texas-Sized Banana Muffins
This one-bowl recipe is easy to follow, and you’ll soon be on your way to amazing Frosted Texas Banana Muffins. To get Texas-sized muffins, you’ll need a GoodCook 6 Cup Muffin Pan from the GoodCook line of Bakeware essentials. You’ll also need a GoodCook Touch 5 QT Mixing Bowl and a GoodCook Spatula Spreader. Grab some ripe bananas and get baking!
- Top with Vanilla: Swap the chocolate for a vanilla buttercream or a cream cheese frosting.
- Go Nuts: In place of the chocolate chips, add a cup of diced pecans or walnuts to the batter for a deliciously nutty twist.
- Cinnamon Crumble: Skip the frosting and top with a cinnamon-sugar crumble instead! Take it one step further and use cinnamon baking chips in place of the mini chocolate chips for the ultimate breakfast treat.
Bake and Share
Happy Banana Muffin baking! If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcomPrint
Frosted Texas Banana Muffins
A quick and delicious treat
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups mashed very-ripe bananas (about 3 large bananas)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons melted chocolate
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 350° F. Put liners in jumbo muffin tin.
In a medium bowl, mash the bananas, then add in the sugar and slightly beaten egg. Add the melted butter and stir.
Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Once mixed add to the wet ingredients, stir to combine until almost completely mixed. Add the chocolate and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
Fill liners ¾ full (about a ½ cup). Bake for 20-25 minutes, a toothpick should come out clean when inserted in the middle.
Let cool for 2 minutes then remove muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
Put chocolate in a microwave-safe small bowl. Melt the chocolate on 30 -second intervals, stirring between each set. Put aside to cool slightly.
In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer cream the butter, add the cooled chocolate, powdered sugar, and 1 Tablespoon of milk, mix until smooth. Add more milk if needed.
Recipe inspired by: http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/easy-banana-muffins-8603