Next time your kiddos beg for popsicles, this fun idea will have a batch of DIY frozen treats ready in less time than it usually takes to make homemade pops. Making your own popsicles is a fun kitchen craft, but the 8-12 hour freezing time requires oodles of patience. Enjoy your treats in 3 hours or less with this simple shortcut. Blend frozen fruit with sugar and cream to create a quick soft-serve. Spoon into our Sweet Creations Popsicle Maker, freeze until firm, then dip in chocolate for a pro-looking treat in no time at all. Here’s how quickly this cute idea comes together:
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Strawberry Banana– Use frozen bananas and strawberries, instead of mango for a sweet and creamy treat.
- Berry Berry– Use a frozen mixed berry mix for brightly colored, zingy tasting pops.
- White Chocolate Bliss– Dip pops in white chocolate for a sweet twist.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with a Sweet Creations Popsicle Maker, Frozen Treat Maker or Patterned Popsicle Sticks?You can find these essentials and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Fast Freezer Pops
DIY Freezer pops, made in under 3 hours.
- 1 (24 oz) bag frozen fruit (we used mango)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup honey, agave or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- rainbow sprinkles
In a hi-speed blender or food processor, puree frozen fruit, cream and honey together. Mixture will be thick. Spoon mixture into the Sweet Creations Popsicle Maker, place lid on top, insert popsicle sticks. Freeze until firm, about 2-3 hours. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Stir until combined. Dip popsicles into the chocolate, place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle. Return to freezer until ready to serve.