Fix dinner in a hurry with this sizzling hot Tex Mex recipe full of colorful peppers, melty cheese, and bold flavors. This skillet chicken is a quick, no-fuss version of your favorite fajitas, perfect for hectic weeknights when time is of the essence. Your whole family will love this tasty south-of-the-border meal!
Got extras? Tucked between your favorite bun, you’ll have an incredibly yummy chicken sandwich ready to savor for lunch! The Good Cook Square Meals Set makes it easy to tote last night’s leftovers with sealable spill-free and stackable compartments – do your lunch a favor and give it a try!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Get shrimpy. Swap out the chicken for jumbo shrimp. Serve in warmed tortillas with your favorite toppings.
- Sweet Potato Side. Pairs well with a side of ready-to-bake spicy sweet potato fries.
- Cotija cheese. Add a sprinkle of Cotija cheese to give your chicken an addictively salty twist.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like the Good Cook Cast Iron Skillet, the Good Cook Touch Turner, and the Good Cook Touch Carbon Steel Chef’s Knife? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Fajita Skillet Chicken
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Cuisine: Dinner
- 2 Tablespoons coconut or vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 orange pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 purple onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- fresh chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
Heat oven to 375°F.
Heat a Good Cook Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle oil into hot skillet.
Dredge chicken breasts in taco seasoning. Cook in hot skillet until browned on both sides.
Arrange pepper and onion slices atop each chicken breast. Sprinkle with cheddar.
Transfer pan into oven. Cook for 15-18 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.
If desired, garnish with cilantro.
Serve with Spanish Rice or flour tortillas, sour cream, salsa and guac for a delicious meal!