Make a comfort-food favorite—for one! This simple recipe can be mixed together and made in the microwave, all in under 10 minutes. No more standing around the oven, waiting for warm delicious homemade casserole. Now you can simply zap a serving for yourself and enjoy almost instantly. For best results, use the Good Cook Microwave Cereal Cooker.
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Spring Greens. Mix in seasonal veggies. For spring, asparagus and peas taste delicious.
- Fall Inspired. For autumn, swap the mashed potatoes for mashed sweet potatoes.
- Cheesy Does It. Top with any of your favorite cheeses. Jack, provolone and havarti all taste great.
Get the Tools
Not Your Momma’s Microwave. Need to stock your kitchen with more quick-cook essentials like a microwave steamer, microwave egg poacher or microwave rice cooker? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these delicious ideas:
- Easy Freezer Meals: This 1 Dinner Turns into 5 Meals
- 5 Secrets to Cooking in a Microwave
- How to Fix 5 Basic Baking Mistakes
Easy Peasy Shepherd’s Pie
The fluffy mashed potatoes, creamy veggie blend, and gooey cheese compliment the ground beef. This hearty meal will satisfy any appetite!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups frozen veggie mix (corn, green beans, peas, and carrots)
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream mushroom soup
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Add butter, shallot, and mushrooms in once beef is browned and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add veggie mix, cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, and sea salt to the pan. Stir to mix. Pour into the bottom of a 14”x 10” Good Cook lasagna pan. Spread mashed potatoes on top of the mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, parsley, and pepper. Bake for 30-40 minutes.