If you’ve ever spent an hour, scrolling through Instagram, getting glazed eyes on the frosting and cake decorating channels, we are soul buddies. Because, we foodies happen to find ourselves doing the same thing, far more often than we dare admit.
Because, frosting. And icing. When done right, it’s just so dang pretty.
Which is why we decided to make it easier than ever to do it right. Introducing, the OodleTip. A one-piece icing bag, ready-fit with a plastic tip, which can be easily snipped into different shapes, making piping like a pro as easy as one-two-OodleTip.
Using a big batch of our Best Ever Buttercream, check out how quickly we turned storebought sugar cookies into a bright batch of beautifully decorated sunflowers.
Fun Flavor Twists
We used storebought cookies, but here are a few other places this icing technique would look (at taste) great:
- Oreo Cookies. Pipe teeny sunflower cookies atop chocolate or vanilla creme cookies.
- Make Your Own Cake. Buy an angel food cake, and cover the top with a few big frosting sunflowers. Or decorate the whole thing with stunning little sunflowers.
- Sweet Suckers. Decorate homemade chocolate or candy suckers with sunflowers for an adorable party favor. Use royal icing, instead of buttercream, for best results.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with bakeware essentials? You can find everything you need–from pans to piping bags–in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Easy Sunflower Sugar Cookies
Quick and simple sunflower cookies, that look like they’ve been decorated by a pro, Made in 10 minutes or less.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 12
- 1 batch Best Ever Buttercream, tinted orange-yellow
- 12 large sugar cookies
- 1/2 cup silver sugar pearls
- mint or sugar leaves (optional)
Fill OodleTip with buttercream. Snip the center of the tip, to create ribbed icing. Pipe two layers of small frosting strips all around the cookie, each starting from the center of the cookie toward the outside, leaving a small opening in the center. Sprinkle sugar pearls in the center. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
- Serving Size: 12