Have you heard? Fairy Toast is sweeping the internet. A classic Australian party snack, these slices of toast, topped with butter and sprinkles is typically served at birthday parties. But we thought it was a delicious enough combo to enjoy everyday!
Instead of toast, however, we swapped in apples. Because an apple a day, plus, adding fruit to your afterschool snack is a great way to sneak more nutritious food into your kids’ day. Check out the video below and see how easy this fun treat is to make. Then, grab an apple, pull out an apple wedger, and prepare for afterschool fun. Because really, everyday should be a party.
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Cookie Bites. Instead of sprinkles, top apples with crushed cookies. Oreos or chocolate chip cookies are a delicious addition!
- Treat Toppers. Swap out the sprinkles in this recipe for chopped candy bars. A great way to use up leftover Halloween goodies!
- Get Creative. Check out all of the option in the peanut butter aisle–most taste great with apples. From cookie butter to chocolate-almond spread, try all sorts of flavor combos!
Get the Tools
Snack like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with afterschool essentials like colorful steel carbon knives and no-slip cutting board? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Apple Nachos (aka Fairy Bites)
Inspired by Australian "Fairy Toast" these fun apple bites make a quick and cute snack. Perfect for afterschool.
- 2 apples
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, almond butter or Nutella
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
Cut apples with the Good Cook apple wedger. Gently dry the outside of each apple with a paper towel. Spread with peanut butter or Nutella. Top with sprinkles.