Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, this Oven-baked Fried Chicken is a healthy version of your favorite comfort food. Lean chicken breasts are dredged in eggs, parmesan and Italian-seasoned crushed cornflakes, then baked until crispy and golden. The whole family will love this easy-to-make Oven-baked Fried Chicken dinner.
Fried chicken minus the extra calories and grease splatters is always a win, and this recipe nails it. It all comes together quickly and easily and bakes up on a GoodCook AirPerfect sheetpan, so clean up is super easy. What’s not to love about deliciously crunchy chicken without the guilt?
Ingredients you’ll need for this recipe
With five simple ingredients, you’ll have a healthy, delicious sheet pan dinner that’s easy to clean.
- crushed cornflakes or panko breadcrumbs
- grated parmesan
- Italian dressing mix
- Chicken breasts
Can I Use Different Cuts of Chicken for This Recipe?
Yes, chicken tenders or chicken thighs work well too. Cooking time may be affected by the size of the chicken you use and the color of the meat (dark or white meat).
How to Make Cornflake Chicken
- Whisk the eggs together in a medium GoodCook Mixing Bowl.
- In another GoodCook Mixing Bowl, combine the cornflakes, parmesan and Italian dressing mix, stirring well.
- Dip the chicken breasts in egg, then in the cornflake mixture.
- Repeat the step above to get a really crispy outside coating.
- Place the chicken breasts on a GoodCook AirPerfect Nonstick 13”x9” Sheet Pan lined with Sweet Creations Everyday Parchment Paper.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown and the center of chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with ranch or marinara for dipping, if desired.
Get the Tools
Feed your family a healthy dinner with the GoodCook line of cookware and bakeware. A GoodCook 3 Piece Nonslip Mixing Bowl Set is perfect for this recipe. It includes 3 bowls that nestle together for storage. We love baking sheetpan dinners on a GoodCook AirPerfect Nonstick 13”x9” Sheet Pan. From baking to roasting, the GoodCook AirPerfect Nonstick 13”x9” Sheet Pan has a channeled surface for even cooking and keeps food from sticking. And we always keep a roll of Sweet Creations Everyday Parchment Paper around for cooking and baking. It’s a durable, high-quality, non-stick baking paper that’s safe for oven use up to 450°F. Gather your ingredients for one amazingly tasty chicken dinner!
Make & Share
Happy Fried Chicken Making! If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
Oven-Baked Fried Chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes or panko breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 (0.7 oz) packet Italian Dressing mix (seasoning packet only)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Ranch or marinara for dipping
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a GoodCook baking pan with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs.
In a second bowl, mix together cornflakes, parmesan and Italian dressing mix. Stir together until well combined.
Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in cornflake mixture, then back in egg mixture and back in cornflake mixture. Place chicken breasts on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown and center of chicken is cooked through.
Serve with ranch or marinara for dipping, if desired.