Turn on your oven for a batch of perfectly cooked, crispy bacon. Avoid grease splatters and a big mess with this simple and easy oven cooking method. With a GoodCook Crispy Baking Set, you’re on your way to delectable, crispy bacon every time. You’ll never make bacon any other way again!
Did we mention that you don’t have to flip the bacon with the oven-cooking method? That’s just one more reason to love cooking bacon in your oven instead of frying. It’s as simple as spraying the wire rack of a GoodCook Crispy Baking Set with nonstick spray, then placing strips of bacon on the rack. The bacon cooks in a toasty oven for 15-20 minutes. Go ahead and multitask as your bacon sizzles away. We like to scramble some eggs or get pancakes on the griddle as the bacon cooks.
Once out of the oven, use some GoodCook tongs to transfer the bacon to a serving platter. Follow the steps below to make a batch of deliciously crispy bacon:
How to make crispy baked bacon
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray the wire rack of a GoodCook Crispy Baking Set with nonstick spray. The GoodCook Crispy Baking Set features a non-stick pan with an oven-safe wire rack that fits perfectly inside the rim of the pan.
- Arrange the bacon slices across the rack of the GoodCook Crispy Baking Set.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until desired crispiness is achieved.
- Transfer from rack with metal tongs. Serve and enjoy.
Recipe Tips and Suggestions
- Line the GoodCook Crispy Baking Set with heavy duty foil for easy clean up.
- Watch the bacon during the last few minutes of baking to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Crave spicy or sweet bacon? Grind on some black pepper or sprinkle on some brown sugar before baking.
- For extra crispy bacon, pat the bacon dry with a paper towel after it comes out of the oven.
- Do you save your bacon grease? If so, let it cool slightly, then pour it into a container (a glass mason jar is a good choice) and refrigerate.
- To discard the grease, let it solidify on the baking sheet, then crumple the foil around it and toss it in the garbage can.
- Cooked bacon can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Want to freeze your bacon? Under cook your bacon by a few minutes and let it cool. Place it in a resealable freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, cook slices in the microwave on medium power for 30 seconds.
What to serve with bacon
- Eggs – scrambled, over easy, fried, omelet, poached, baked, huevos rancheros
- Pancakes and waffles
- Cinnamon rolls and other sweet baked goodies
- Cobb salad
- BLT sandwich
- Hash browns
With a GoodCook Crispy Pan, you’ll have a batch of crispy baked bacon to serve with breakfast or any other meal. Are you ready to get cooking?
Make & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom