This recipe is part of the 2017 Real Summer Real Flavor Giveaway. Click here and learn how you could instantly win $100,000!
A summertime favorite, pasta salad is a side dish staple at picnics, potlucks, and barbecues. We’ve taken the traditional recipe and made it even better, adding a deliciously creamy sauce and addictive pepperoni slices for the ultimate pasta salad. Our one-pot recipe comes together quickly, and can be doubled or tripled for large crowds. Perfect with burgers, skewers, or grilled meat!
Simply toss the pasta in a pot with broth, Italian seasoning and creamy Challenge Cream Cheese, then bring to a boil and toss with fresh veggies and pepperoni once cool. It’ll be the first dish to disappear at your next potluck, guaranteed!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Veggie Boost. Add 1 cup small broccoli florets, 1 cup grape tomatoes, and/or 1 small orange bell pepper, diced, for a healthier side dish.
- Make it Mexican. Replace the Italian seasoning with 2 tsps Taco seasoning, toss in ½ cup crumbled cojita cheese, 1 cup black beans, 3 Tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro, and swap out paprika for ½ tsp cumin to get a Mexican twist!
- Bacon-ize it! Swap out the pepperoni for 4 slices of cooked, diced bacon and the Italian dressing packet for 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard. Replace the corn kernels with frozen thawed peas, and add ½ red bell pepper, diced. Instead of paprika, use ½ tsp thyme and a squeeze of lemon.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like Good Cook Classic Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, a Good Cook Epicure Slotted Spoon, and Good Cook OvenFresh Stoneware Mixing Bowls? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Creamy One Pot Pepperoni Pasta Salad
The ultimate summertime pasta salad! This dish comes together quick. Simply toss the pasta in a pot with broth, Italian seasoning and creamy Challenge Cream Cheese, then bring to a boil and toss with fresh veggies and pepperoni once cool. It’ll be the first dish to disappear at your next potluck, guaranteed!
- 1 (8 oz) box rotini pasta
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (8 oz) box Challenge Cream Cheese
- 1 (6 oz) Italian dressing mix
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch scallions or 1/4 purple onion, finely diced
- 1 (3.8) package pepperoni, cut in half
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 (3.8 oz) can sliced olives
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Add pasta, broth, cream cheese and Italian dressing to a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil, then turn heat to medium-low and stir every 1-2 minutes until pasta is tender, about 12 minutes.
Remove from heat, transfer to a large Good Cook ceramic serving bowl. Refrigerate until cool.
Once cool, toss pasta with cucumber, scallions, pepperoni, corn and olives. Sprinkle with paprika.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate overnight.