Chicken Picatta is one of those classic meals everyone loves. With a tangy lemon-butter sauce and salty capers, this simple skillet recipe is great for chilly winter nights, and just as good on lazy summer evenings, too.
And while we would certainly never mess with perfection, we thought the traditional version of this dish could do with a teensy bit of tinkering. So in went crumbled bacon, a hearty splash of cream, and away we came with this absolutely irresistible Creamy Chicken Bacon Picatta.
The meal cooks up in a single skillet on the stove-top in less than 30 minutes. It’s so easy, even the most novice of chef’s can perfect it no the first time. The final dish is so insanely flavorful, you’ve simply gotta try it. Grab your 11.75″ Nonstick Touch Fry Pan and cook up this incredible (and incredibly easy!) Creamy Chicken Bacon Picatta tonight.
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Sun-dried Tomato Pasta. Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes with the lemon juice, and enjoy a rich, flavorful twist with vibrant color.
- Pork Chop Picatta. This recipe tastes equally delish when pork chops are swapped for the chicken.
- Cut the Capers. Don’t love the salty kick of capers? No worries. You can leave this part out and still have a tasty dish!
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like a 11.75″ Touch Skillet, silicone spatula or pasta server? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Creamy Chicken Bacon Picatta
A deliciously creamy twist on classic picatta, with the addition of bacon tossed into the pan. This recipe is irresistible!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste or 3 cloves fresh-chopped garlic
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- salt and pepper
- fresh chopped parsley (for garnish)
- 8 oz cooked fettuccine (if desired)
In a Good Cook 9″ Touch Skillet, melt butter and garlic over medium heat. Salt and pepper chicken breasts on both sides. Place in pan and brown on both sides. Add lemon slices and cook just until brown. Place lemon slices on a plate, set aside.
Turn heat to medium. Add lemon juice to pan. Cover and allow to cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes. Remove cover add cream, bacon and capers. Serve chicken and sauce atop fettuccine (if desired).
Garnish with lemons, parmesan and parsley. Enjoy!
Serving Suggestion: This recipe also tastes delicious over rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice.