Chicken sandwich cravings can hit at any time, so we thought a homemade recipe was in order. We tweaked our version to make it even better than your fast-food favorite, infusing it with tangy, addictive flavor. Topped with a dill pickle and nestled between a fluffy bun, this sandwich is incredibly simple yet utterly delicious!
Need Memorial Day eats? We think a big batch of these sammies served on a tray would be just perfect for feeding hungry guests. Marinate a large package of chicken and prepare ahead of time for an easy party-menu idea. Friends and family will love these tasty fast-food copycats!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- French Onion. Melt a slice of Swiss cheese over the chicken, then top with sautéed onions. Add mayo too if you like!
- Ranch it. Slather some ranch dressing on the chicken, layer with dill pickles, and top with crunchy iceberg lettuce.
- Monterey. Melt a slice of jack cheese over the chicken, spread on some barbecue sauce, add bacon, lettuce, tomato, and slather top bun with mayo.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like the Good Cook Classic Sautee Pan, a Good Cook Food Storage Container, and Good Cook Touch Locking Tongs? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Copycat Fried Chicken Sandwiches
A delicious version of a fast-food favorite, serve these tasty sandwiches up any time of the year. But we think they are especially well matched to Memorial Day menus!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 24 hours
- Total Time: 24 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 sandwiches
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic puree
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup coconut oil (for frying)
- 4 burger buns
- 8 dill pickle slices
In a Good Cook Food Storage container, whisk together egg, dill pickle juice, garlic puree and garlic salt. Add chicken breasts, pressing to coat in mixture. Cover with airtight lid and refrigerate overnight.
In a large bowl, wish together flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Dip chicken breasts in flour mixture, back into egg mixture, and back into flour mixture once more.
Heat coconut oil in a Good Cook Touch Nonstick Skillet over medium-low heat.
Cook chicken in hot oil for 3-5 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
Serve on burger buns with dill pickle slices.