A festival favorite, churros are a Mexican-inspired sweet treat that’s perfect for snacking. Fried pastry dough is sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, producing a light and airy confection that’s totally addictive. We’ve turned long churros into cute little bites that are just right for sharing with family and friends. Dip in a rich chocolate sauce, dunk in a steaming mug of hot cocoa, or enjoy fresh out of the fryer – everyone will love these melt-in-your-mouth treats!
This delightful recipe is so easy to make, and can be mixed up in a Good Cook Ovenfresh Stoneware Mixing Bowl. Get your oil good and hot in a Good Cook Smart Choice Fry Pan, then crisp those lovely little churro bites until golden. Scoop them out with the Good Cook Slotted Spoon, then give them a generous sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Muy delicioso!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Chocolate Dipping Sauce– Melt 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, add in 1 cup warmed heavy cream, then add in 2 Tablespoons butter
- Apple Cider Churros– Replace the milk with an equal amount of apple cider vinegar, and add 1/8 teaspoon cloves, 1/8 teaspoon ginger, and ½ teaspoon cinnamon to the batter. Serve with salted caramel dipping sauce
- Churro Waffles– Generously grease your waffle iron and use the churro batter to make waffles. Spread waffles with butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like the Good Cook OvenFresh Stoneware Mixing Bowls, the Good Cook Classic Slotted Spoon, or the Good Cook Smart Choice Fry Pan? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Itty Bitty Churro Bites
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 can refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 12 cups coconut oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup cinnamon-sugar
Open biscuits, slice each into 4 pieces with a Good Cook paring knife.
Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a deep-sided skillet. Fry biscuits until golden brown. Immediately dust with sugar mixture.
For best results, enjoy while warm.
- Serving Size: 6 bites