Chocolate and Peanut have become the celebrity couple in the baking world. Your friends will swoon over my rich and rustic Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cake.
1. Preheat the oven to 350oF (180oC) then grease and line 3 GoodCook 9-inch round cake tins, set aside.
2. Over a large bowl sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and sugar.
3. Next rub in your butter by hand until you’ve reached the texture of coarse breadcrumbs.
4. In a large jug combine the vanilla, milk, coffee (or water), flavorless oil and eggs.
5. Add your wet ingredients to your dry and whisk together until just combined.
6. Divide your batter evenly between the 3 prepared cake tins and bake roughly 25
minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out
7. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before
turning out onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
1. Using a serrated knife level the tops of the cake.
2. Fill a star Oodle Tip Piping bag with Crazy Peanut Butter Frosting.
3. Transfer the first layer of your cake to the cake stand or plate of your choice.
Using your piping bag, pipe rosettes around the outside of the cake working your way in until the whole thing is covered. Dot the top of your cake with 1/3 of the raspberries.
4. Place your next layer of cake on top and repeat the process until all 3 layers have been decorated.
This cake can be covered and stored at room temperature for 3 days.