You can make your very own Chocolate Covered Mint Patties with this very doable (and delicious!) recipe. Mix-up the filling quick, melt the chocolates, then dip your way into Peppermint Patty Heaven. Here’s how easy it is to DIY these yummy candies.
Get the Tools
If you’re new to making your own chocolates and candies, having the right setup is essential. Here are a few basics to get you started:
- Silicone Oven Baking Mat. Though it’s designed to keep cookies from sticking to the baking pan, this no-stick silicone mat is also ideal for candymaking! Place dipped chocolates on the sheet, freeze until firm, and you can remove them easily for wrapping.
- Easy-Grip Spatula. Easily flip and dip your mints into the chocolate coating with our Sweet Creations soft-grip spatula. Also ideal for icing cakes and cupcakes, this is one baking essential you’ll use again and again.
- Candy Gift Wrapping. Package your homemade treats like a pro with our line of gift wraps, designed just for goodies. Package your sweets in pretty striped boxes and create custom tags with our ready-to-go wraps.
Tried This Treat?
We’d love to see a snapshot of your #SweetCreations. Upload to Instagram and tag us in it. We may feature your kitchen in our weekly feed!
Chocolate Covered Mint Patties
Make your own Chocolate Covered Mint Patties with this doable and very delicious recipe!
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 12
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 5 Tbsp softened butter
- green food coloring
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 10 oz chocolate candy melts
In a large mixing bowl whisk together melted butter, corn syrup, food coloring and mint extract. Add powdered sugar and mix, cup by cup (about 4-5 cups) until mixture is firm. Once mixture can no longer be mixed with a spoon, knead with your hands. Powder a work surface with a little powdered sugar and knead your mix into a soft round ball. Pinch off small amounts and roll into 1-1.5 inch balls. Lay on a wax covered cookie sheet. Press down on each ball to flatten then transfer pan to refrigerator to chill. Melt candied chocolate melts in microwave until smooth. Dip each patty in the melted chocolate, flip and quickly remove with a fork. Transfer to fridge to chill for a bit and allow the chocolate to harden, then serve!
- Serving Size: 25
Find more beautiful food & craft videos from Caroline at Salsa Pie Productions.