Chipotle Honey Grilled Chicken With Roasted Veggies brings bold and delicious flavors to mealtime. Sweet and spicy grilled chicken thighs are paired with cumin and curry coated veggies that are roasted to perfection. Ideal for lunch or dinner, make this Chipotle Honey Grilled Chicken With Roasted Veggies anytime you want a healthy and delicious meal.
We’ve found a quick and tasty way to spice up your menu. Head to the Mexican aisle of your grocery store and put a few cans of Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in your cart. It infuses your meal with a slightly sweet, smoky, tangy heat. In this recipe, we’re using just a smidge and combining it with honey for a sweet and sticky basting sauce on chicken thighs. The result is irresistibly good, succulent chicken that you’ll make again and again. Serve alongside a medley of colorful veggies, tossed in cumin and curry powder and roasted until golden.
Get the Tools
It’s easy to make this boldly seasoned dish, and it stores perfectly in a GoodCook 3 Compartment Round Meal Prep Container. Get started dicing with a sharp and sturdy GoodCook Touch Carbon Steel Chef’s Knife. All the veggies get roasted up on a GoodCook AirPerfect Nonstick Pan. We love the nonstick surface that’s easy to clean. Whip up the tasty basting sauce in a GoodCook Touch Mixing Bowl and fire up the grill for the best chicken ever. Let’s get this satisfying and nutritious dinner on the table tonight!
Storing Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- This recipe only calls for 1 pepper, so you’ll have a whole can of extra peppers and adobo sauce for later use. Using a GoodCook Prep and Freeze Stackable, Easy Release Silicon Cube Tray, place one pepper and 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce in each compartment and freeze. Cubes can be stored right in the tray with the lid on, or place frozen cubes in a resealable freezer bag. Use within 6 months.
- Frozen chipotle peppers in adobo sauce cubes can be used in salsa, marinades, as a hot sauce condiment, and in chilis and soups.
- If storing in fridge, put the extra peppers in a GoodCook Melamine Nesting Bowl Set With Lids. Peppers are good for up to 2 months.
Make & Share
Happy Meal Prepping! If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
Chipotle Honey Grilled Chicken with Roasted Veggies
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 chipotle pepper (with 1 Tbsp adobo sauce)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Toss carrots with 1 Tbsp coconut oil. Roast on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 15 minutes. Toss tomatoes, zucchini, squash and red onion with 1 Tbsp coconut oil, cumin and curry powder. Salt and pepper generously. Place on roasting sheet with carrots and roast for another 20 minutes, until carrots are tender. Allow to cool slightly before serving in 2 cup veggies container.
In a mini food processor, puree pepper and adobo sauce with honey. Baste chicken with mixture, and grill until cooked through. Serve in the 1 cup protein container.
Toss together quinoa, lime juice and cilantro. Spoon into 1 cup grains container.