Turn chicken and waffles into a pan of crowd-pleasing sandwiches with this easy recipe. Popcorn chicken, stuffed between some soft Hawaiian buns, smothered in a maple syrup (or honey) and butter glaze, this Chicken ‘n Waffle Tailgating Sandwich bake is the best idea for any summer party or potluck menu.
Get Creative with your Sandwich Bake!
Here are a few ideas for this sandwich bake:
- Switch out the popcorn chicken for cooked and shredded pork and use mustard in the syrup glaze for a delicious flavor twist.
- Top the popcorn chicken with swiss cheese and add crisp lettuce after you bake
- Use cooked waffles instead of buns and bake until crisp and the glaze is golden brown
Bake Up a Batch
Get the Tools. Need to stock your kitchen with sandwich gear? You can find these essentials and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop & ship directly to your front door.
Popcorn Chicken Sandwich Bake
Stuff crispy popcorn chicken inside soft buns, smother in a maple syrup glaze and bake to perfection with this perfect-for-tailgating or covered dish supper meal!
- 2 packages of hawaiian rolls or hamburger buns
- 16 oz of cooked popcorn chicken
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup of butter
In a small saucepan bring to a simmer the butter and syrup and cook until melted. Lay your buns in a deep dish baking pan and open each bun. Layer your already baked popcorn chicken on the buns and drizzle a little glaze on top. Cover with the bun lids, smother in the remaining maple syrup and bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown!