My Carrot Bundt Cake is unlike anything you've had: fresh carrots, sweet pineapple, and a cheesecake filling!
For the Carrot Cake:
1. Pre-Heat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Generously butter a GoodCook 9.5 inch Nonstick Fluted Cake Pan. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, set aside.
3. In another large mixing bowl combine sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla with a hand mixer. Mix until pale yellow and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. You can also do this using a hand whisk.
4. Using a whisk incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
5. Lastly fold in the grated carrot, raisins, coconut, and pineapple. Set aside while you make the creamy cheesecake filling.
1. Make the cheesecake filling by whisking together the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
2. Pour 1/2 the carrot cake batter into the cake pan.
3. Using a spoon, dollop all the cheesecake filling onto the carrot cake. Be generous here!
4. Finish the cake off by pouring in the rest of the carrot cake batter on top of the cheesecake filling.
5. Cover in foil and bake for about 1 hour and 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. This is a very big cake so it does take a while to bake. (My cake took 1 1/2 hours)
Cream Cheese Glaze:
1. In a small bowl cream together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, milk, and sugar. Whisk until you get a smooth glaze. Set aside.
2. When the cake is done all to cool in the pan for 20 minutes then turn it out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
3. Once cooled, drizzle over the cream cheese glaze, top with toasted coconut and enjoy!
4. Cover and store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days. It will also freeze well for up to 8 weeks