Apple pie, cake, and caramel apples collide in this scrumptious poke cake. With caramel drizzle and toffee bits, you’ll get irresistible flavor in every bite. If you’ve never made a poke cake, it’s a cinch! Boxed spice cake mix and apple pie filling make it easy to whip up this tasty fall treat. Simply poke holes in the cooked cake using a straw, pour on condensed milk, and frost for a moist and delicious autumn-inspired dessert. Perfect for tailgating, potlucks, or family gatherings!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake. Swap out the apple pie filling for 1 can pumpkin and add 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. li>
- Banana Poke Cake. Use vanilla cake mix in place of the spice cake mix. Swap out the apple pie filling for 1 box banana cream pudding. Top with banana slices and crushed Nilla wafers. li>
- Carrot Spice Poke Cake. Swap out the apple pie filling for 2 cups grated carrots. To frost, whisk together 1 8 oz. package softened cream cheese, ½ cup powdered sugar, and 1 tub whipped topping. li>
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with baking essentials? You can everything you need and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Caramel Apple Pie Cake
Perfect for tailgating, potlucks, or family gatherings, this Caramel Apple Pie Cake is an irresistibly delicious fall treat!
- 2 boxes spice cake
- 2 (21oz) can apple pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 oz) tub whipped topping
- 1 jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 1/2 cups toffee bits or pecans
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 17" Good Cook roasting pan or two 9x13" AirPerfect baking pans. In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together cake mix, apple pie filling, eggs and milk. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the center of the cake springs back when touched lightly. Remove and cool. With a straw, poke holes up and down the center of the cake. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk across the top of the cake. Allow it to soak in. Frost with whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve slices of cake drizzled with caramel and sprinkled with toffee or pecans.