Make dinner quick with this simple idea for stovetop grilled pork chops, topped with melted mozzarella and baked until gooey. Then topped with zesty fresh sliced tomatoes and fresh basil. If you’re looking for a quick dinner idea, or a way to wow a group of dinner guests, this recipe does it all. Grab your Good Cook Cast Iron Grill Pan and you can whip this one up in no time at all. Here’s how:
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Try it with chicken. Swap out the pork chops and swap in chicken breasts for a simple change that makes a whole new meal.
- On the grill. Instead of prepping this recipe on the Good Cook Cast Iron Grill Pan, toss your pork chops on the outside grill for a bit of smoky flavor.
- Add bacon. It’s always better with bacon! Super boost the flavor by topping your chops with a few slices of cooked bacon before adding the cheese.
Get the Tools
Cook like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with quick dinner cooking essentials? You can everything from cast iron grill pans to turners and tongs in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Pork Chop Caprese
Quick and delicious, this 4-ingredient dinner is about to become a favorite.
- 4 thick-cut pork chops
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 thick slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, leaves pulled from stems
Heat oven to 350ºF Heat a Good Cook Cast Iron Grill Pan over high heat. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Grill until both sides are nicely browned in the hot pan. Top each pork chop with mozzarella cheese. Transfer pan to oven. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until meat is cooked through. Remove from oven, top with fresh basil and sliced tomatoes. Serve and enjoy!