We’re taking a grown-up approach to lunch. Let’s ditch the brown bag PB&J for a crave-worthy sandwich with layers of roasted turkey, bacon, and lots of tasty extras. We’ve taken the classic California Cobb salad and tucked it neatly into a portable sandwich, ready for noshing on at the office or while sitting on a park bench.
You look forward to lunch time, and with the Good Cook Meals on the Run set, now you can look forward to fresh food, packed perfectly. We’ve loaded up this meal set with our mouthwatering California Cobb sandwich, added a side of yogurt and fresh fruit, and popped in some garden veggies. With a tasty well-rounded meal like this, lunch is now your most anticipated dish of the day!
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Caprese. Thickly sliced mozzarella, fresh basil, and garden tomatoes give your baguette major Italian appeal.
- Beef it up. Layer on sliced roast beef and arugula, then slather the bun with herbed goat cheese.
- Mediterranean. Rotisserie chicken, sliced olives, crumbled feta, and a few drizzles of parsley yogurt sauce.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like the Good Cook Meals on the Run set, the Good Cook Citrus Squeezer, and the Good Cook Touch Carbon Steel Chef’s Knife? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
California Cobb Sandwich
A lunchtime favorite, this rustic sandwich is inspired by the classic California Cobb salad. Use the Good Cook Meals on the Run set to pack your sammie along with yogurt, berries, and a side of veggies.
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp bleu cheese
- 1 ciabatta roll, sliced in half
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 slices tomato
- Purple onion slices (optional)
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 24 slices cooked peppered bacon
- 4 oz sliced roasted deli turkey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and bleu cheese. Spread on one half of the ciabatta roll. On the second half of the ciabatta, mash avocado, drizzle with lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
Top with tomato, lettuce, onions (if desired), egg, bacon and turkey.
Place two halves of sandwich together, slice in half. Store in a Good Cook Meals on the Run container. Add your favorite sides or snacks. Refrigerate until ready to serve.