This low-carb, protein-packed California Breakfast Plate will keep you fueled for hours! Hard-boiled egg halves are stuffed with a flavorful smoked salmon salad and served with roasted sweet potatoes and a zesty kale salad. Get your morning off to a healthy start with this savory California Breakfast Plate meal prep.
Take the stress out of hectic mornings with pre-made meal prep breakfasts. We love that this recipe is packed with healthy fats, protein and slow-digesting carbs—perfect for jumpstarting your day. Prep this meal on Sunday and enjoy it for breakfast or lunch all week long. An easy, filling and delicious meal prep plate to get you through a busy day!
A GoodCook 3 compartment Round Meal Prep Container is the perfect size for this tasty California Breakfast Plate. The kale salad fits in the 2 cup section, the eggs nestle perfectly in the 1 cup section and the roasted sweet potatoes fill up the other 1 cup section.
Get started with a GoodCook Touch Carbon Steel Chef’s Knife for slicing and chopping and a GoodCook Touch Mixing Bowl for mixing and prepping. Cook the eggs in a GoodCook Classic 2 Qt SaucePan and roast the sweet potatoes on a GoodCook 11×17” Baking Sheet.
Here are all the steps you’ll need to get this tasty, flavorful meal prep into containers for the week:
Tips for Perfect Hard-Boil Eggs
- Place eggs gently in the bottom of a GoodCook Classic 2 Qt SaucePan.
- Add cold water to the pan, about 1-2 inches past the top of the eggs.
- Bring to a full boil.
- After 30 seconds to 1 minute at a full boil, turn the heat off, leaving the GoodCook Classic 2 Qt SaucePan on the burner, cover and let sit for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the cooked eggs with a GoodCook Classic Slotted Spoon and place them in a GoodCook Touch Mixing Bowl full of cold water.
- You can make the eggs a day or two before you make the rest of the meal. Store in the fridge with the peels on until ready to use.
The Best Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and place the yolks in a GoodCook Touch Mixing Bowl. Set aside the egg whites.
- In the bowl with the yolks, add mayonnaise, lemon juice, dijon, salmon and salt. Mash this mixture together with a fork.
- Spoon the mixture into the center of each egg white and garnish with paprika.
Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes and onions into similar sizes to ensure even cooking.
- Use a non-stick metal sheet pan, like the GoodCook 11×17” Baking Sheet.
- For easy clean-up, line the sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Don’t overcrowd the veggies, or you’ll end up steaming them.
- This potato mixture roasts for 30-35 minutes.
The Best Kale Salad
- In a GoodCook Touch Mixing Bowl, drizzle kale with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, tahini, lemon juice and zest, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Massage the kale with your hands until tender.
- Toss in quinoa, chickpeas, tomatoes, and avocados.
Shortcuts for Quicker Meal Prep
- Buy pre-boiled eggs in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
- Look for bagged, pre-chopped kale in the produce section at your grocery store.
- Look for pre-cooked quinoa in the deli or salad bar section of your local grocery store.
The GoodCook line of cookware and bakeware helps you get your mornings off to a great start—smoked salmon stuffed eggs, kale salad and roasted potatoes packed tight in a GoodCook 3 compartment Round Meal Prep Container is perfect for a well-rounded meal. Are you ready to prep this healthy and delicious breakfast?
Prep & Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
California Breakfast Plate
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled diced
- 1/4 sweet onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup hot smoked salmon, flaked
- Pinch salt
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce or aminos
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 1/2 small lemon
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
Place sweet potatoes and onion on a large nonstick baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper lightly. Toss gently to coat. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Once cooked, spoon into 1-cup section of meal prep container.
Slice eggs in half lengthwise, place yolks in a medium bowl. Set aside egg whites.
To yolks, add mayonnaise, lemon juice, dijon, salmon and salt. Mash together with a fork. Spoon mixture into the center of each egg white. Garnish with paprika. Place 3 halves into 1-cup section of meal prep container.
In a large bowl, drizzle kale with 1 Tbsp olive oil, tahini, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper to taste. Massage with hands until tender. Toss in quinoa, chickpeas, tomatoes and avocados. Spoon into 2-cup section of meal prep container.