Vanilla and maple sweetened steel cooked oats are microwaved until tender and sweet, in less than 10 minutes. Stirred together with cream and fresh blueberries, this yummy recipe is like enjoying a giant oatmeal cookie for breakfast.
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Very Berry. Use and combo of fresh or frozen berries for a yummy flavor twist.
- Amaretto for Breakfast. Add a kiss of boozy goodness with a tablespoon of almond liqueur, instead of vanilla.
- Scandinavian Spice. Take a note from Norwegian eats and add a pinch of cardamon for warm notes of spice.
Get the Tools
Not Your Momma’s Microwave. Need to stock your kitchen with more quick-cook essentials like a microwave steamer, microwave egg poacher or microwave rice cooker? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these delicious ideas:
- Easy Freezer Meals: This 1 Dinner Turns into 5 Meals
- 5 Secrets to Cooking in a Microwave
- How to Fix 5 Basic Baking Mistakes
Blueberry Muffin Microwave Oatmeal
Homemade, steel-cut oats, made in minutes. No packaged stuff needed.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup steel cooked oats
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla or vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Place oats, water, maple syrup and vanilla in Good Cook Microwave Oatmeal Cooker. Cover and cook on high in microwave for 5 minutes. Remove cover and stir. Replace cover and microwave for an additional 5 minutes or until oatmeal is tender. Stir in half and half and blueberries.