Layered Salads are the perfect solution for potluck suppers, luncheons and cover dish events all summer long. This Overnight Layered Salad is the greenest comfort food in town. Decadently layered with creamy mayo (or any dressing of your choice), parmesan and crisp greens, then topped with delicious and crispy bacon, you’ll seriously wow the taste buds of anyone who dives in.
Get Creative with Your Layered Salad
- Use a lighter dressing instead of mayo if you are counting calories
- Make your own dressing using coconut oil and herbs mixed with mayo
- Mix sour cream the the mayo for a fluffier spread
- Skip the iceberg lettuce and layer with spinach and kale instead
- Go meatless and top with toasted almonds
Get the Tools
Everything You Need for This Recipe. Need to stock your kitchen with cooking gear– silicone covers, large mixing bowls or wooden spoons? You can find these essentials and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop & ship directly to your front door.
Bacon Caesar Overnight Layered Salad
Decadently layered with greens, veggies and creamy mayo, this Overnight Layered salad is the greenest comfort food in town!
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- 4-5 hard boiled eggs
- mayo (1/2 to 1 pint)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (we used parm)
- 8 slices of cooked and crispy bacon
- 3-4 cups of baby spinach
- fresh herbs of your choice (we used cilantro)
- green onions (amount to taste)
Chop all ingredients in the style you like. (We coarsely chopped all of our ingredients including the hard boiled eggs). Begin with a layer of iceberg lettuce, then baby spinach. Top with a layer of fresh herbs (we used cilantro) and then peppers and green onions. Spread on a layer of mayo then repeat layers. End in a final layer of mayo, top with parmesan cheese and then finally crispy bacon. Sprinkle herbs on top for garnish. Refrigerate overnight. Toss or serve scooped out in layers.