We’re celebrating State Fair favorites on a stick this month. And what could be tastier than making your own corn dogs? Hand battered and fried until golden, our version doesn’t just give you the classic corn dog. We’ve actually upgraded it with cubes of cheddar cheese, which melt as they cook. The end result is an absolutely delicious honey-kissed homemade corndog. A recipe you’ve gotta try at your next party. Grab a pack of GoodCook Bamboo Skewers and get your corn dog on. Here’s how…
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Brats Instead of Dogs. For an extra hearty version, swap in slices of brats.
- Get Cheesy. Use any kind of cheese for added flavor. American or White Cheddar make for great options.
- Make ‘Em Mini. Thread together mini hot dogs and small slices of cheese on a toothpick for an appetizer-sized corn dog bite.
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like bamboo skewers, deep pots for frying or carbon steel knives for prepping your dogs? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Homemade Cheesy Corn Dogs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 4 cups coconut oil or vegetable oil (for frying)
- 4 beef hot dogs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
Heat oil to medium-high in a large, deep pot, skillet or fryer.
Thread hot dogs and cheese cubes onto bamboo skewers.
In a large bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, milk, honey, salt and baking powder. Dip corndogs into batter or use a spoon to coat hot dogs with batter. Fry until golden brown. Serve immediately with ketchup and mustard. Enjoy!