Though most shortbreads call for white sugar, the addition of brown sugar turns basic shortbread into something truly special. With caramelly undertones and a bright kiss of vanilla, this recipe is a favorite way to put a twist on the traditional.
Incredibly simple, calling for just four ingredients, this shortbread doesn’t puff or lose it’s shape once baked. So, it’s ideal for cutting into shapes with all of our adorable Sweet Creations cookie cutters. Or, if you’re looking for a simple way to give your cookies that pro look, dip the tops of your cookies in melted white chocolate and decorate with nonpareils. In minutes, you’ll have beautiful bakery-style treats that add flair to any party or cookie plate!
Cookie Cutter Fun
Love creating all new cookies each year? We’ve got you covered! Wow everyone you adore by adding these creative cookie cutters to your holiday collection:
- Ugly Sweater Cookie Cutter
- 3D Mini Christmas Tree Cookie Cutter
- Bake-Your-Own Christmas Cookie Tags Pan
4-Ingredient Brown Sugar Shortbread
The brown sugar adds a hint of caramel to this classic cookie recipe. Delicious on its own or glazed with chocolate or a light frosting.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 2 tbsp vanilla or bourbon
1. Tools needed: Good Cook cookie cutters. 2. Preheat oven to 325°F. In a large bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, flour, and vanilla. The mixture will be very crumbly at first, knead until the dough begins to stick together. 3. On a piece of parchment paper, form dough into a large mound. Roll with a rolling pin until about 1/2” thick. 4. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters, or cut into squares or triangles with a sharp knife. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. 5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or just until the cookies are a light golden brown. 6. Decorate as desired. Or dip the tops of each cookie into melted white chocolate for a quick and easy icing.