Want the simplest recipe ever? Lucky for you, it’s also one of the tastiest entrees you’ve ever made.
Serve-up a classic Hawaiian-style pulled pork with this simple, 3-ingredient slow cooker recipe. Lathered in pink himalayan salt and liquid smoke (that you can find in almost every grocery store) the pork meat slowly cooks in your kitchen crock pot overnight. When it comes time to eat, the meat will literally melt right off the bone.
Serve with a side of sticky rice or top it on a bun with your favorite BBQ sauce, and you are set for the supper win.
Though the beauty of this recipe is it’s basic ingredient list, it can also serve as a base for other fantastic flavors. Upgrade in this way:
- add honey a chopped onion and your favorite bbq sauce instead of our suggestion for an equally tasty meal!
- serve up your pulled pork, drowned in bbq sauce on a bun with a corn salad, cole slaw and a pickle
- stuff your pulled pork in a soft shell taco and add some guac, tomatoes and onions for a southwestern feel.
Get the Tools
Need to stock your kitchen with crockpot cooking gear? You can find BBQ accessories and other essentials and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop & ship directly to your front door.Print
3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Kalua Pulled Pork
This 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe is a great way to serve up some BBQ right out of your kitchen. Cooked on low in the crock pot throughout the day, you simply rub salt and liquid smoke on a pork shoulder and you are all set!
- 1 4-pound pork shoulder roast (size can vary a bit as long as it fits in your slow cooker)
- 1 Tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tbsp Himalayan pink salt
Place your pork shoulder in your slow cooker and add your salt and liquid smoke. I used my hands to rub the ingredients into the pork. Cover and cool on LOW overnight, for up to 20 hours. Pull apart with forks when done, serve with rice or on a bun.