3 Can Cowboy Caviar is a quick and tasty dip that’s tossed together in minutes. A delicious cross between salsa, bean salad, and dip, this side dish is perfect for picnics, potlucks, or parties. As long as you have a can opener, you can make this easy 3 Can Cowboy Caviar!
A medley of colorful ingredients come together in this southern favorite. Black-eyed peas, diced tomatoes, and corn are tossed in a tangy Italian dressing for a quick and easy appetizer or filling snack. Make it ahead of time for your next party or bring along to a barbecue, just don’t forget the tortilla chips! This dip also works great as taco filling or a salad topper.
Get the Tools
GoodCook makes it easy to whip up a bowl of this delicious 3 Can Cowboy Caviar. To get started, grab your GoodCook Safe-Cut Can Opener. You’ll also need a GoodCook Touch 5 QT Mixing Bowl and a GoodCook Gourmet Stainless Steel Spatula Spoon for mixing. Are you ready for this amazing Texas treat?
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these tasty alternatives:
- Avocado Boats: Slice an avocado in half removing the pit. Fill the center of the avocado with the Cowboy Caviar and enjoy as a light lunch or refreshing summer snack!
- Add Black Beans: If doubling the recipe, use a can of black-eyed peas and a can of black beans to create more variety in texture and flavor.
- Go Fresh: The use of cans makes this recipe a winner year-round, but when summer produce is at its peak this recipe is exceptional with farm fresh corn and tomatoes.
Make & Share!
Happy 3 Can Cowboy Caviar making! If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:Print
3 Can Cowboy Caviar
A delicious cross between salsa, bean salad, and dip, this 3 can cowboy caviar is perfect for picnics, potlucks, or parties.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 can black eyed peas
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can southwestern style corn
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix
- Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
Pour the black eyed peas, diced tomatoes, and corn in a large mixing bowl, along with the packet of Italian dressing mix. Add in a few drizzles of olive oil, tossing to coat. Mix in the cilantro to combine. This dip can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.