Move over coleslaw – we’ve got a new Thai slaw that’s so fresh and vibrant, it’ll quickly become a favorite. Crisp veggies, crunchy peanuts, and fresh herbs are tossed with an utterly delicious, flavor-packed dressing that’s got addictive Thai taste in every bite. This refreshing take on traditional coleslaw is the perfect accompaniment to grilled meat, burgers and hotdogs, or a lightened-up lunch. Give your next barbecue or potluck some serious flavor-infusion with this incredible Thai Peanut Slaw.
Need some prep help to get your veggies gorgeously julienned? Try the easy-to-use Good Cook Mandoline Grater Set. For the rest of your chopping, we’re loving the Good Cook Non-stick Santoku Knife – it’s got a comfortable grip, is impressively sharp, and comes in fun, vibrant colors. When ready, simply toss all your goodies in a serving bowl, dress with the tasty Thai dressing, and serve with the Good Cook Salad Servers.
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Indian Slaw– Swap out the peanuts for cashews, add in ½ cup golden raisins, and add ½ teaspoon curry powder to the dressing
- Nectarine Dream– Replace the red pepper with thinly sliced nectarine, swap out peanuts for sunflower seeds, and change up the cilantro for parsley. A simple apple cider vinegar and olive oil dressing
- Caribbean Tango– Add in freshly sliced mango, a finely diced jalapeno, minced parsley, ¼ teaspoon jerk seasoning, and sliced almonds in place of the peanuts
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with essentials like the Good Cook Salad Servers, the Good Cook Non-stick Santoku Knife, and the Good Cook Mandoline Grater Set? You can find these tools and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these amazing eats:
Thai Ribbon Chopped Salad
- 46 rainbow carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice (and zest)
- 3 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 3 Tbsp honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
Set the Good Cook Mandolin slicer to julienne cutting. Using the finger protector, slice 3-4" pieces of carrot across the mandolin, julienning all carrots. Toss with bean sprouts, cilantro, basil and red pepper. Drizzle with lime juice, oil and honey. Toss to coat. Allow to marinate for 30-60 minutes, if desired. Top with peanuts before serving.
If desired, serve toss with diced grilled chicken breast, to turn this salad into a main dish.