Welcome the flavors of spring with this twist on a summer-friendly dish! Simple flatbread rounds are topped with parmesan, asparagus, garlic, and tomatoes, then baked until melty. As soon as they come out of the oven, a second layer of bright tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and basil is tossed on top. Absolutely delicious, this Asparagus Caprese Flatbread is quick enough for a simple spring dinner, makes a perfect spring appetizer, and is a lovely addition to Easter party tables.
Fun Flavor Twists
Enjoy this recipe as written below. Or try these easy upgrades:
- Add Protein. Top with sliced chicken sausage or grilled chicken to make this a heartier dinner.
- Skewer It.For a fun twist, skewer asparagus in a row, grill and top with cheese and tomatoes. No flatbread needed for this gluten-free version!
- Go Big. Instead of mini flatbreads, top a full-sized pizza crust for a family-sized meal. Perfect for Meatless Mondays!
Get the Tools
Bake like a pro. Need to stock your kitchen with dinner making essentials? You can everything from pizza pans to spatulas in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop and ship directly to your front door.
If You Like This Recipe, You’ll Love
Want even more tasty ideas like this one? Don’t miss these dinnertime favorites:
Asparagus Caprese Flatbread
Fresh ripe veggies make this the perfect summertime appetizer or meal. Layers of parmesan and mozzarella cover the crispy tenderness of asparagus and tomatoes. Then the flavors of garlic and basil make this delicious dish pop!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Makes 4
- 4 mini flatbread rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup shaved parmesan
- 1 bunch asparagus, florets cut into 2” pieces, ends discarded
- 1 1/2 cup baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mini mozzarella, halved
- Olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place flatbread rounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic, parmesan, asparagus, and half the baby tomatoes. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately top with remaining tomatoes, mozzarella halves, and a drizzle of olive oil. Garnish with basil, salt, and pepper. Serve and enjoy!