I am about to blow your mind with this super simple, super amazing baking trick. Did you know that to make cupcakes or bake a cake you only need a box cake mix and (get this) a bottle of soda? Amazing, right? And it’s that simple too. You simply pour a bottle of soda into a cake mix, blend as usual and bake! Frost to your delight and you are all set. Check it out.
Get Creative with Your Cuppies
Here are a few more specific tips and tricks to this baking hack:
- use dark colored soda (like Cola or Root Beer) for chocolate cake mixes
- use light colored soda (Like Lemon-Lime) for yellow cake mixes
- use flavored sodas (like Orange, Pineapple or Red Cream Soda with white or flavored cake mixes
Really, the flavor combos here are endless! Play around with a few mixes, then come back here and tell us which ones you love best. We’d love to have you leave tips and tricks for other readers in the comments section!
Bake Up a Batch
Get the Tools. Need to stock your kitchen with baking gear– nonstick muffin tins, mixing bowls or a cupcake scoop? You can find these essentials and more in our Amazon Store. Click here now to shop & ship directly to your front door.
2-Ingredient Soda Pop Cupcakes
Cupcakes have never been so quick, simple…or soda poppy! Try this fun baking hack today.
- 1 box cake mix (vanilla or chocolate)
- 1 (8 oz) bottle soda (lemon-lime, cola or flavored)
1. Empty the contents of cake mix into a mixing bowl 2. Empty the contents of one bottle of soda into the dry mix 3. Mix well 4. Pour into cupcake tins or cake pan and bake according to the directions on the box.