It’s that time of the year again! Time to celebrate the men in our lives with a hearty “Wahoo! It’s Father’s Day!”
Your dad is a simple man. He loves knowing your happy, and he wants to eat food. Well, not just any food. He wants good food. That hearty, manly, stick-to-your ribs stuff. He was saucy, rich, delicious stuff. The sort of stuff his Italian grandmama made over a simmery stove when he was a kid. He wants mounds of corned beef on a big ol’ sandwich, toasted to golden-brown perfection. And maybe he wants a little spice. A bright kick of fresh jalapeno, a smidgen of Sriracha.
Hot Baked Pizza Meatball Subs | View Recipe
We’ve know how it goes. We’ve got dad’s of our own. So, to make your Father’s Day planning extra easy this year, we’ve pulled together all sorts of fabulous tips, tricks, and recipes to get your Daddy the kind of day he deserves. From a few of our favorite products pulled together to create the Good Cook Ultimate Sandwich kit (check out the photos above, it’d be a perfect Father’s Day gift for that dad that likes to cook!) To three all-new recipes for Irish Reubens, Spicy Tuna Bagel Melts, and Meatball Submarines and a slew of tips from your favorite bloggers!
Just scroll on down to discover a few top tips from our Good Cook Kitchen Experts that’ll have you make incredible sandwiches in no time at all. Then, head into the kitchen and start cooking! Show dad how much you love him by cooking him something as unforgettable as he is!
Roasted Red Pepper Reuben | View Recipe
Build a Better Sandwich, Our Top Tips:
1. “Always add fresh lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, and…of course…toasted bread!” Dawn Monroe, TheFrugalMom.net
2. ” Make sure you spread out the layers eveny. And always have a good, sharp knife.” Kassie Buck, Coupons and Freebies in TX
3. “Use good quality bread. Preferably from a bakery…or homemade!” Christina DeSandis Hitchcock, ItsAKeeper.com
4. “Include a variety of textures, including creamy, crunchy, and chewy.” Melissa Lawler, KidsAreGrown.com
5. “Fresh ingredients and fresh bread makes a HUGE difference. I use deli meat and cheese whenever I can because it really does give more flavor.” Rachael Orman, CookCouponWork.com
6. “If you’re packing them overnight or for a trip, but coffee filters between the wet ingredients and bread. They keep it from getting soggy!” Jillian Warner, MommyTesters.com
7. “This sounds silly, but we save ketchup, mustard, and mayo packs from restaurants. When my husband is taking any type of food to work, I just include the packs he needs so his bread doesn’t get ‘icky’.” Tara Wright Larison, www.semmessavers.com
8. “Everyday we pack sandwiches from lunch at school. On occasion, I take a cookie cutter and press it onto the sandwich, just enough to indent the cutter’s design into the bread. Then, I take an edible marker and outline the design imprint. My kids get pumpkins for Halloween, snowmen for Christmas, starts on testing days, and little notes here and there. I love those edible markers! They keep lunches fun!” Dawn Monroe, TheFrugalMom.net
Want get get your own Good Cook Sandwich Kit. Save 25% off with promo code:DADWICH
Article written by Brooke McLay, from Cheeky Kitchen